22 Jan 2024 Safety Resolutions: Setting the Path for a Safe Future
As we bid the old year farewell, businesses should get on board with the resolution trend in addition to individuals who strive for personal growth. Creating workplace New Year’s resolutions is a great way to start 2024, providing measurable objectives that encourage and inspire your team.
Safety training is like a car, it requires regular maintenance. Let’s get in gear.
The Crucial Role of Workplace Safety
Over 4,000 fatalities and 1.8 million work-related injuries were reported in 2020. Workplace accidents cost a firm a lot of money and time, not to mention that they jeopardize the safety of its employees. Businesses lost an incredible $167 billion in wages and productivity as a result of work injuries in 2021.
Although updating your workplace safety standards is a significant undertaking, the cost is well worth it. Strong safety systems reduce the number of accidents, fatalities, and medical costs while also increasing production and preventing OSHA fines. Setting safety first lets your staff know that you value their health and well-being and helps to create a happy work atmosphere.
EHS Goal-Setting: Taking Lessons from the Past
To continue enhancing workplace safety (EHS), take stock of the successes and failures of the last year. Examine what went well and what didn’t; mistakes teach us important lessons for the future. However, learning from both achievements and mistakes and finding areas for improvement is the first step in creating resolutions.
Setting clear goals is pivotal for safety improvement. Utilize the SMART framework – Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound – to ensure your objectives are tangible and realistic. Tracking progress is equally vital, with key performance indicators (KPIs) like injury rates, safety training completion, and sst training online audits providing valuable insights.
2024 New Year’s Resolutions for Improved Safety
While every business must tailor its approach, here are ten construction-centric resolutions for 2024:
- Educate employees on the four hazard types: physical, biological, chemical, and ergonomic.
- Maintain a clean, organized workspace to prevent injuries and fire risks by using workplace health and safety training courses online In nyc.
- Reinforce daily safety practices through checklists, visible signage, and safety awards.
- Review maintenance checklists promptly, starting with significant line components like extruders.
- Develop a comprehensive return-to-work plan for swift employee recovery.
- Conduct a manufacturer-led equipment system evaluation for cost savings and improved results.
- Instill a zero-tolerance policy for safety violations, encouraging hazard reporting.
- Provide suitable protection for employees, ensuring awareness of safety protocols.
- Avoid shortcuts in processes and maintain accurate incident records for continuous improvement.
- Prioritize workplace wellness, offering support and preventing work-life imbalance.
Turning Resolutions into Action – New Year, New Safety Goals
Once your resolutions are set, it’s time to create a plan. While building a workplace safety policy may seem daunting, accreditedbs.com is here to help. Our up-to-date safety training covers all OSHA regulations, ensuring your team is well-prepared for the challenges of 2024. Don’t delay – explore our catalog today and lay the foundation for a safer and more productive year!